Last Revised: (12/1/2020)
This policy sets forth how Balance Payments, Inc. ("we" or "Balance") collect and use information about employees and contractors ("User" or "you") of our customers ("Customer") authorized by the Customer to access our dashboard, in their access, use and engagement with our dashboard (portal) or any other online services we provide via our platform at www.getbalance.com or any of its sub-domains (the "Service"). Respect for the privacy of your personal and other information is extremely important to us. When you use the Service or otherwise communicate with us in connection with the Service (e.g. via email) you will provide, and Balance will collect, certain information, some of which can be used to personally identify and/or locate you (“Personal Information”).
Information Collected Through the Service
When you use the Service, Personal Information about you will be collected as follows:
- Account Information:
When you sign-up and register to the Services, you will be asked to provide us certain details about yourself, including name, email address and phone number.
- Voluntary Information:
We may collect information which you provide us voluntarily. Further, we may collect information when you respond to communications from us, communicate with us via email or the Service or share additional information about yourself through your use of the Services. We may also collect the feedback, suggestions, complaints, bugs and reports which you send to us.
- Device Information:
We may collect Personal Information from your device. Such information may include IP address, unique identifiers as well as other information which relates to your activity through the Services.
For avoidance of doubt, if we combine Personal Information with Non-personal Information, the combined information will be treated as Personal Information as long as it remains combined.
Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation
Balance may use the Personal Information collected through the Service as follows:
- To set up your account and to provide the Services;
- To identify and authenticate your access to the Services;
- To send you relevant notifications, which are based on different activities offered by the Services;
- To communicate with you and to keep you informed of our latest updates;
- To perform a research or to conduct analytics in order to improve and customize the Services to your needs and interests;
- To support and troubleshoot the Services and to respond to your queries;
- To investigate and resolve disputes in connection with your use of the Services;
- To detect and prevent fraudulent and illegal activity or any other type of activity that may jeopardize or negatively affect the integrity of the Services; and
- To investigate violations and enforce our policies, and as required by law, regulation or other governmental authority, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or respond to a government request, or to comply with our contractual obligations.
Balance protects the Personal Information it collects via the Service with reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural measures. Any sections of the Service that collect sensitive Personal Information use industry-standard secure socket layer (TLS/SSL) encryption. To take advantage of TLS, your browser must support up-to-date encryption protection, as found in the latest versions of most common browsers, such as Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari.
Cookies and Related Technologies
Cookies are small data files that are placed on users’ devices to monitor how users interact with websites and other online services. Cookies can be used to identify your IP address, browser type, domain name, and specific web pages through which you click.
- are essential for us to provide our Service to you; and help us optimize, personalize and/or otherwise improve your experience and/or the performance of the Service and our service and marketing-related communications with you.
Most web browsers allow you to erase cookies on your computer, block cookies from your computer, or notify you when a cookie is stored on your computer. If you choose to disable or otherwise block certain cookies, you may be unable to use, or experience decreased functionality with, parts of the Service.
Since we operate globally, it may be necessary to transfer data, including Personal Information, to other countries than the country in which the information was collected. In these instances, we will transfer your data only based on standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission.
For how long we retain the information
We retain the information that we collect from our Users for as long as we are providing the Services to the applicable customer. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time. Under applicable regulations, we may keep records containing Users' Personal Information, account opening documents, communications and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations.
We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
Your privacy rights
Certain jurisdictions provide Users with certain statutory rights to their Personal Information. Subject to exemptions provided by law, and with proper identification, you may have the right to certain actions to your Personal Information such as:
- Right to verify your Personal Information (to access, delete, change or update any Personal Information relating to you. For example, if you believe that your Personal Information is incorrect, you may ask to have it corrected or deleted);
- Right to see what Personal Information about you we have;
- Right to request that we erase Personal Information about you (subject to any other legal obligation that may require us to keep that information);
- Right to restrict us from processing Personal Information pertaining to you (for example, you may request that we will stop using or sharing your Personal Information with third-parties); and
- Right to export Personal Information in a portable format.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, contact us at: email@example.com. When handling your request, we will ask for additional information to confirm your identity (which may include Personal Information). However, please note that if you choose not to allow us to process your Personal Information, we may be prevented from providing our Services.
Please note that these rights are not absolute and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your Personal Information, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are collecting or processing your Personal Information not in accordance with the laws, you can file a complaint to the applicable data protection authority.
Changes to this Policy
The details of Balance are as follows:
Balance Payments, Inc.
2261 Market Street #4149
San Francisco CA, 94114
Our data protection officer may be contacted by email at: email@example.com
We may revise this notice from time to time, in our sole discretion, and the most current version will always be posted on the Service (as reflected in the "Last Revised" heading). We encourage you to visit this page regularly for any changes.