Customer Success Manager
Who we are:
Balance is creating the payment infrastructure that will allow for seamless online B2B trade, globally. With the first tailored 1-click checkout fully dedicated for B2B merchants and marketplaces, Balance allows vendors to offer their buyers flexibility in payment and terms, wrapped with an awesome, quick and easy checkout experience.
This is a unique opportunity. With the support of the best investors in the industry (Lightspeed, Ribbit Capital, Stripe), you'll have the responsibility and resources to take a significant part in the creation of a paradigm-changing product that can impact millions.
What is the role:
We are a high-growth startup in the early stages of building the Customer Success organization, initial processes, and the culture of how we interact with our customers throughout the customer lifecycle.
As Customer Success Manager, your role is crucial in onboarding and ongoing account management of Balance’s enterprise customers. Our revenue model is based on usage, not just signing a contract. This means Customer Success at Balance is one of the most critical roles in the company. You will handle strategic customers on a daily basis to help them understand the possibilities with the Balance platform, dive deep into their business use cases and provide trusted-advisor level insight, and then manage their deployment of Balance end to end. Beyond deployment, you will be responsible for day to day helping customers learn about use cases, they had not considered with Balance, enabling both them and us to grow together. This is a close-knit partnership style relationship.
Your ultimate goal is to drive customers to understand and plan, and then guide them through implementation and go-live for the best outcome as they deploy this mission-critical platform. Identifying gaps in business operations and education in both business and technical stakeholders will be crucial.
Metrics will be oriented around deployment timeframes, total processed volume (financial transactions through Balance), and customer satisfaction.
Given the early stages of where we are as a team, you and the team will help in setting the precedent and instituting processes required for the future success of the company - this is not a role for script followers.
- Passionate about working with clients to help drive positive business results
- Always prepared and consistently follow through with action items
- A self-starter and problem-solver with a firmly positive attitude and flawless work ethic
- Collaborative, over-communicative, and have a team mentality
- Able to build strong customer relationship and become a trusted advisor
- Able to think strategically and remain customer focused without overly relying on precedent - often on the spot with customers
- You have:
- 2+ years of customer-facing work experience, preferably in a SaaS tech company or consultancy firm
- Track record of exceeding revenue targets, maintaining strong customer relationships and satisfaction level, and maintaining low churn
- Exemplary written and verbal (face to face and phone/screenshare) communication skills. You also should be able to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Exposure to enterprise companies with complex needs, with the ability to interact effectively with both technical and business stakeholders
- Plus - Experience in fintech, particularly payments
- Plus - Exposure to technical products with an understanding of APIs, webhooks, etc.