This is a unique opportunity to be the first SRE at a fast growing startup!
With the support of the best investors in the industry, you'll have the responsibility and resources to take a significant part in the creation of a paradigm-changing product that can impact millions.
As the company’s first SRE, you will design and implement scalable systems that Balance keep running smoothly and support our significant business growth. As SRE you will lead the devops team and take an active part in developing and maintaining the company’s cloud infrastructure, security policies, CI CD pipelines and more.
We are looking for someone with a passion for infrastructure, exploring new technologies, building applications and tools to help us move faster while preserving high quality while being an effective communicator and a team member.
In this position you will:
- Lead and manage a team of Devops engineers.
- Maintain a safe and healthy production environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures.
- Educate for automation and infrastructure as code methodologies.
- Demonstrate complex troubleshooting skills, deep knowledge of the services running on the infrastructure.
- Work closely with R&D engineers on coordination, communication, and execution of production-related operations.
- Provide operational management information by collecting and analyzing operating and engineering data and trends.
- Constantly improve the technology stack, supporting the data growth and customer requirements.
- Optimizing infrastructure deployments, software installation and stabilization processes at scale.
What you bring to the table:
- We're looking for someone with:
- Proven hands-on experience with containerized environments and microservices; Docker and Kubernetes - a must.
- Proven experience with building monitoring tools.
- Experience working with cloud providers - a must.
- 4 years of experience as a DevOps/SRE engineering manager or “one man show” person on a large-scale distributed system, working in a Linux environment.
- An innovative approach, with the ability to quickly learn technologies.
- The mindset and approach for automating away from manual efforts.
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting - system, application, and database level.
- Strong communication skills, team player, highly motivated.
- Ability to drive execution in a result-oriented environment
It is a perfect match if you have:
- Experience in building SRE methodologies from scratch.
- Experienced with working in fintech company.
- Scripting and coding comes naturally to you.
- You see problems as an opportunity to improve.