In this role, you'll build and lead our entire BI strategy from the ground up, helping the company surface key insights and answer strategic questions. You’ll be responsible for building a modern data stack (including various data sources, a cloud data warehouse, and BI tools) to serve the company’s growing need for accurate data as well as assisting in making data a key driver of product development.
You will help build requirements, define and own our data infrastructure, develop testing and delivery plans, and create the end-user visualizations and dashboards for the team. You are both a builder and a thinker, helping structure the way we use data as well as identifying the right questions to ask.
What You'll Do
- Build our modern data stack (from data warehouses to BI tools) from the ground-up
- Help us leverage our data – bring industry know-how and insights into Balance’s understanding of its data and potential usage for empowering the various business units
- Drive the Business Intelligence roadmap; prioritize business insight requests to balance the tactical and strategic information needs of the business
- Once the basics are in place, grow the BI team -- this will begin as a hands-on role and grow into a team leader
You should have
- 5+ years experience building data infrastructures, reporting/analytics tools, and dashboards for non-BI end users
- Experience with ETL tools and data pipelines (e.g. Fivetran, Alooma, Matillion)
- Understanding of cloud based data warehouses and which is the best fit for internal and external production use (e.g. BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift)
- Proficient in SQL, Python, and LookML
- Experience building and managing a BI department including data analysts, data scientists, and data engineers - is a plus