Who are we:
Balance is creating the payment infrastructure that will allow for seamless online b2b trade, globally. With the first tailored 1-click checkout fully dedicated for b2b merchants and marketplaces, Balance allows vendors to offer their buyers flexibility in payment and terms, wrapped with an awesome, quick & easy checkout experience.
This is a unique opportunity. With the support of the best investors in the industry, you'll have the responsibility and resources to take a significant part in the creation of a paradigm-changing product that can impact millions.
What is the role:
As the Customer Care you’ll be responsible for the collection and clearing of past due balances. Using your own personal initiative, collection and negotiating skills, you’ll secure payment or otherwise settle open balances, and strive to achieve delinquency goals set by the department manager.
Responsibilities, & Technical Requirements:
- Duns late paying accounts by compiling and sending dunning letters and statements to the customer via email or postal service.
- Contacts customers to secure payment on open items, escalates collection contact within the customer’s organization until payment or resolution is achieved.
- Negotiates settlement of disputed account balances.
- Reviews customer cash flow situation and formulates repayment plans.
- Escalate collection using collection agencies and manage the communication with them, and manage arbitrations procedures when applied.
- Coordinates credit activity with sales, customer service, pricing and operations department.
- Recommends credit deadlines, after conferring with Sales, to customers who do not resolve past due balances
You also have:
- At least 2 years of Collection experience.
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills, drive to exceed expectations.
- Solid work ethic and customer focus. Has a sense of urgency regarding quality of work.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- High degree of professionalism and comfort working with external customers.
- Problem-solving, critical thinking skills with the ability to research and analyze data.
- Familiarity with the laws, rules, and regulations governing lending within the United States - Advantage