Who are we:
Balance is creating the payment infrastructure that will allow for seamless online b2b trade, globally. With the first tailored 1-click checkout fully dedicated for b2b merchants and marketplaces, Balance allows vendors to offer their buyers flexibility in payment and terms, wrapped with an awesome, quick & easy checkout experience.
This is a unique opportunity. With the support of the best investors in the industry, you'll have the responsibility and resources to take a significant part in the creation of a paradigm-changing product that can impact millions.
What is the role:
As the risk manager you will be responsible for developing and utilizing our underwriting process, including risk evaluation and pricing, and improve the procedure for exceptional cases. You will work with the engineering team to automate the underwriting process, and incorporate their recommendation into the risk roadmap.
What you will do:
- Lead the company's underwriting policy
- Underwrite loans in accordance to company’s policy and procedures
- Analyze application data including financial statements, bank statements, tax returns and business and personal credit reports
- Determine Credit worthiness and structure loans within established guidelines and expectations
- Utilize existing and proposed data sources and tools to improve underwriting policies and models.
- Improve the procedure and rules used to review corner cases and exemptions
- Analyze loss and performance trends in the existing portfolio
- Work closely with product and development teams to implement recommended strategies.
- At least 3 years of experience in underwriting.
- Proven experience with Credit Analysis for SMEs and large enterprises in the USA and Data-Driven Product Analysis
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to diagnose and troubleshoot advanced issues
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and be a team player
- Familiarity with the laws, rules, and regulations governing lending within the United States - A strong advantage
- Basic knowledge in SQL queries - advantage