Business Development Representative
Who we are:
Balance is creating the payment infrastructure that will allow for seamless online B2B trade, globally. With the first tailored 1-click checkout fully dedicated for B2B merchants and marketplaces, Balance allows vendors to offer their buyers flexibility in payment and terms, wrapped with an awesome, quick and easy checkout experience.
This is a unique opportunity. With the support of the best investors in the industry (Lightspeed, Ribbit Capital, Stripe), you'll have the responsibility and resources to take a significant part in the creation of a paradigm-changing product that can impact millions.
What is the role:
As a Business Development Representative (SDR) at Balance, you will work closely with growth and the sales teams to qualify leads and collaboratively build Balance’s sales pipeline. The ideal candidate is someone who gets excited about engaging with prospects to better understand and uncover their payments-related needs. This individual should also be an expert at identifying high-value opportunities and relentlessly capable of managing early sales funnel activities over email, phone, and LinkedIn.
As one of the early hires at Balance, you should be hungry to build – ideal candidates will be expected to actively participate in creating and fine-tuning demand generation and sales process, as well as the evolving articulation of Balance’s value propositions.
We take a data driven, analytical approach to top-of-funnel activity, and are looking for someone who is confident prospecting to customers and presenting quantitative insights that will help improve our overall go-to-market strategy. Your ability to impact the company in a material way is massive.
- Engage with inbound leads to qualify them as sales opportunities
- Move qualified leads through the sales funnel by connecting them to an AE and scheduling introduction meetings and demos
- Identify high-potential businesses, verticals, and markets; develop and execute outbound strategies to get Balance on their priority lists
- Initiate contact with potential customers through cold-calling, cold emailing, in addition to quickly responding to inbound leads
- Work closely with our team of Account Executives to build strategy and prospect into designated accounts, verticals, and markets
- Develop relationships with prospects to understand and uncover their needs and timelines
- Maintain contact and follow-up with prospects who have previously expressed interest in Balance, but did not ultimately convert into a sales opportunity
- Organize and update activity and contact information within our CRM system and support weekly reporting efforts
- Work closely with and provide feedback to Marketing to help improve their targeting and messaging
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical or business degree preferred
- A strong track record of top performance and success in previous roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self starter who is able to succeed in a fast-growing environment
- Team player who works well with others
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- BIG plus - experience selling payments or other fintech products