Who are we:
Balance is creating the payments infrastructure that will allow for seamless online b2b trade, globally. With the first tailored 1-click checkout fully dedicated for b2b merchants and marketplaces, Balance allows vendors to offer their buyers flexibility in payments and terms, wrapped with an awesome, quick & easy checkout experience.
This is a unique opportunity. With the support of the best investors in the industry, you'll have the responsibility and resources to take a significant part in the creation of a paradigm-changing product that can impact millions.
What is the role?
As our Assistant Controller, you will be a key player in assisting the company and its subsidiaries’ financial reporting and operations. You will help ideate and implement in-house financial processes to help Balance become the payment industry’s benchmark for how to run an amazing financial operation.
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statement close process in accordance with US GAAP.
- Working closely with Israeli and outside bookkeepers and payroll controllers on day-to-day financial operations, including payroll, AP and AR processes.
- Support financial booking, including periodical MOM analysis.
- Provide input to our payments operations team, and help ensure money movement is well tracked throughout our different products.
- Assisting in improving, developing, and documenting accounting and finance-related policies, procedures, and internal controls (such as T&E, procurement etc.)
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Interface with external audit firms.
What you bring to the table:
- Internship at one of the Big4, specializing in Hi-Tech.
- B.A. in Accounting.
- Excellent verbal and written command of the English language.
- NetSuite experience.
- Technical skills - Excel, SQL.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.